Online Account Opening
Opening an account online with Mercantil Bank in U.S. currency is fast and convenient. You will be required to have an existing Mercantil Banco Universal account with a minimum of 12 months of banking transactional history, your Personal Online Banking password, and an active email address. If you have an account with an affiliated office of Mercantil, please contact our Customer Call Center at 0-800-100-2600, and a representative will assist you directly.
Having your account at Mercantil Bank, will allow you to enjoy the online banking services and benefits available to you anywhere you have internet access. View multiple accounts, recent transactions, scheduled activity, request a Debit Card, request bank letters of reference and so much more*.
For account information and fees, click here.
Instructions on opening an account online at Mercantil Bank:
- You will need to enter your Llave Mercantil and your internet password (Clave de Internet).
- Once in the online application, complete all of the required fields. Please include as much information as possible.
- Keep a copy of the registration confirmation number that you will need to submit with the required documentation within 30 business days of registering through this service.
- Once account opening documents are received by the Bank and all required documentation is fulfilled, the account opening will be initiated.
- You will receive a confirmation email announcing your account opening.
- Send initial deposit during the first 15 days of account opening. If we do not receive your deposit within this time period, the account will be closed automatically.
- Submit your initial deposit using one of the two options below:
Send a wire transfer from another US bank using Mercantil Bank’s ABA Routing Number or SWIFT Code:
ABA Routing Number: 067010509
SWIFT Code: MNBMUS33
Send a bank check in U.S. currency only. We do not accept traveler’s checks or money orders. Traveler check or money order received will be returned.
Please send check to the following address:
12496 NW 25th Street
Doral, Fl 33182
You may also send your initial deposit in form of a check from Venezuela, endorsed with your new account number, via Grupo Zoom at no cost to you by addressing the envelope to:
Casillero (MIA – 8180)
Miscellaneous Service Fees Schedule, click here.