Au Gold MasterCard
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You have a Mercantil Commercebank banking relationship of at least six (6) months
- You have an average Mercantil Commercebank relationship balance between $15,000 and $29,999 based on last six (6) months
- All fields on the application preceded by * are required and must be completed
- Application must be signed and dated
- If you do not have a banking relationship with Mercantil Banco Universal, please include copies of the last three (3) credit card statements from a financial institution/credit card issuer in which you are the primary account holder
For your convenience, you can complete the Mercantil Commercebank International Credit Card application online, print, sign and forward to your Personal Banking Officer at one of our Mercantil Commercebank Banking Centers.
You can also mail your completed application to the following address: Mercantil Commercebank Credit Card Processing Center PO Box 142194 Coral Gables, FL 33114-2194 If sending the application from Venezuela, ZOOM Service using PO BOX 8180 is available to you at no charge. For more information visit www.grupozoom.com. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Call Center: Toll free from Venezuela: (800) 100-2600 Toll free in the US: (888) 629-0810 Other locations: (305) 629-1212
3.49% Introductory APR for the first 6 billing cycles after Account opening. After that, 14.99%. Purchase APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. a
3.49% Introductory APR for the first 6 billing cycles after Account opening. After that, 10.99%. Purchase APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. a
25.99% Cash Advance APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. b
Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the Payment Due Date each month. We will begin charging interest on cash advances on the transaction posting date.
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore
Au Gold MasterCard
Visa Pt Platinum
Cash Advance Fee
Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
1% of each transaction after conversion to U.S. dollars
International Service Assessment Fee
1% of each U.S. dollar transaction made outside the United States, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands
Late Payment Fee
Up to $35
Returned Payment Fee
Up to $35
‡ Annual Membership Fee will be assessed on the first statement after the account is opened regardless of account activation, and thereafter on the anniversary of the account opening date.
We use the “average daily balance” method (including new transactions).
See Section 8(b) of the Agreement.
Please refer to the Billing Rights Summary of the Agreement for information regarding your rights to dispute transactions and the steps required to exercise those rights.
If the balance owed on your account is less than $15, your minimum payment will equal your balance. Otherwise, you will be required to pay at least an amount equal to 3% of the New Balance shown on your Statement or $15, whichever is the higher amount. The minimum amount you are required to pay will be shown on your Statement as the “Minimum Payment Due.”
Variable APRs are based on the Prime Rate published in The Wall Street Journal.
The Prime Rate as of 6/15/2017 is 4.25%.
a We add 10.74% to the Prime Rate to determine the APR for Purchases
b We add 21.74% to the Prime Rate to determine the APR for Cash Advances
aWe add 6.74% to the Prime Rate to determine the APR for Purchases
b We add 21.74% to the Prime Rate to determine the APR for Cash Advances
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
The above rates, fees and other costs information is accurate as of 07/01/2017 and is subject to change in accordance with applicable law and the Cardholder Agreement. To receive the most current information, please call us toll free at (866) 208-6610, at (800) 100-3184 toll free from Venezuela, or (305) 717-1919 from any other location or write to us at Mercantil Commercebank Credit Processing Center, PO Box 495933, Cincinnati, OH 45249-5933.
The Mercantil Commercebank International Credit Card provides you with the financial convenience, flexible spending power and unsurpassed worldwide acceptance to make purchases for everyday needs or for the bigger things in life.
- Low Annual Percentage Rate for purchases
- Free online access to your credit card account
- 24/7 customer assistance
- Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement
You don’t have to worry when you use your MasterCard credit card because it’s covered by Zero Liability protection, whether you pay in a store, over the phone or online. As a MasterCard cardholder, you’re not responsible in the event that someone makes unauthorized purchases with your card. Visit mastercard.com for more information on MasterCard’s Zero Liability policy.
Feel free to use your Visa card with complete confidence. In the unlikely event that fraud occurs, Visa’s Zero Liability policy means you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your card or account information. Visit visa.com for more information about Visa’s Zero Liability policy.
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security. Once your card number is registered, you can trust that your transactions get independent approval every time. There is no special software to install. You will continue to shop as usual and your enrolled MasterCard card number will be automatically recognized at checkout. Visit mastercard.com for more information about MasterCard SecureCode.
Verified by Visa adds an extra layer of security to make it harder for someone else to use your Visa card to shop online in the unfortunate event your Visa card or account number is lost or stolen. Each time your Visa credit card is presented to make an online purchase at a participating merchant, know that Verified by Visa is working to make sure it is you that is attempting to make that purchase and not someone else. Visit visa.com for more information about Verified by Visa.
By applying for a credit card with Mercantil Commercebank, N.A. (“we”, “us”, or “our”), you agree to the following:
- You certify that you are at least 21 years of age and have read all of the terms, authorizations and disclosures contained in the Pricing Information sheet.
- You acknowledge your understanding that the information you provide is given to obtain credit from us and represent and warrant that it is true and complete.
- You acknowledge that we have your authorization to review your credit and banking references with Mercantil Commercebank, employment history and any other information needed to process this application or to service and manage your account. Furthermore, you authorize us to share with others, to the extent permitted by law, such information and to answer questions about our credit experience with you.
- You acknowledge that approval of your application is based upon satisfying our credit standards. Unless the offer discloses a specific product type and credit line, if approved we will determine the product type based on the average balance relationship with us and the exact amount of your credit line after review of your application and other information.
- You acknowledge your understanding that you may be ineligible if you have responded to a previous offer for a credit card issued by us within the last 45 days or if you have been approved for a previous Mercantil Commercebank offer.
- You acknowledge that we have the right to cancel your credit card or suspend your credit privileges at any time as permitted by applicable law, including if your credit standing deteriorates or if you fail to maintain a deposit account at Mercantil Commercebank with an adequate balance (as determined in our discretion).
- You agree that use of your card will constitute your confirmation of any deposit account-debiting instructions given by you to us at the time of opening your credit card account as indicated in this application under “Payment Information” with the same effect under the Cardholder Agreement as if you had signed an Automatic Debit Instructions form.
- You acknowledge that you will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of the Cardholder Agreement (which you will receive with your credit card) either by using your account (including charges or balance transfers) or, if you don’t use your account, by not closing your account within three days of receipt of the Cardholder Agreement.
- You acknowledge that the terms of your account, including APRs, are subject to change. Any such changes will be made in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement.
- You acknowledge that to service and manage any of your account(s) we or our representatives or service providers may contact you at any telephone number or email address you provide us.
- You authorize Mercantil Commercebank and any of its service providers to monitor and/or record any of your phone conversations with their representatives.
- You acknowledge that further details concerning information-sharing and related matters, including your “opt-out” rights are provided in the Mercantil Commercebank Privacy Notice, which you previously received and which is available online at www.mercantilcb.com.
- You acknowledge and agree that Florida law will govern your agreement with us and that any disputes, claims, or controversies shall upon election by either you or us be resolved by binding arbitration.