Remote Deposit is Mercantil Commercebank’s remote deposit solution… direct from your business to the bank. It’s the quickest way to make deposits into your Mercantil Commercebank checking account directly from your place of business. Instead of completing a deposit slip and driving to the bank, scan checks and electronically deposit them into your account using Remote Deposit.
Remote Deposit also provides you with the convenience of depositing your checks as soon as you receive them.
Encryption technology, multiple layers of security and firewalls make transactions processed with Remote Deposit safe and secure. The service also includes security features that create controls for you. For example, each employee who will use the service will have a different password. And, you determine what functionalities they can access.
All you need to get started is an internet connection and a computer. Remote Deposit comes with the software you need and your first scanning device is free. There are two models to choose from. One is best suited for businesses that receive checks one at a time throughout the course of a workday. The second processes a bulk of 50 checks in a single batch in one minute.
Remote Deposit offers more than speed. You also get convenience and control.
- Reduce paperwork by eliminating the need to complete a deposit slip because Remote Deposit creates a virtual deposit slip every time you make a deposit
- Avoid the risk of losing or getting checks stolen when transporting them to the bank
- Make deposits from multiple business locations into the same – or different —
- Store scanned checks to make one deposit any time of the day – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on weekends and holidays. Or, make deposits throughout the day
- Easily export transactions directly into Quickbooks®
- Get detailed and summary reports of deposit transactions
- Store and easily retrieve electronic images of checks
Have questions about Remote Deposit? Click here
Computer System Requirements
Remote Deposit uses easily to navigate software (available in English only) that runs best on computers that meet the following specifications:
- PC with Pentium III processor
- Microsoft Windows XP/2000/Vista®/7 All Versions – 32 and 64 bit
- Internet Explore 6.0r higher
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 5.0 or higher
- .Net 1.1 and 2.0
- 512MB. of RAM (1GB Vista only)
- 1,024×768 screen resolution or higher
- 200MB of available hard-drive space
- One available USB 2.0 port
- High-speed internet service such as cable of DSL
Sign up for Remote Deposit
To sign up for Remote Deposit, talk to your Mercantil Commercebank business specialist.
* Deposits made after 5 PM local time Monday through Thursday, after 6 PM local time Friday, or made on Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays will be processed the next business day. Every day is a business day except Saturday, Sunday and federal holidays.
*Your Remote Deposit application is subject to approval and availability in your area. If approved, a two-year contract is required. A monthly service fee of $30 applies for Digital Check single feed scanner and a monthly service fee of $50 applies for multi feed scanner with one year standard warranty. Additional scanners are available for purchase at $340 per scanner for single feed models or $700 for multi feed models. Additional tax and shipping fees may apply. An early termination penalty fee of $500 applies if the service is discontinued within the first year or $250 within the second year of the contract term. All fees will be billed and processed according to the Remote Deposit Services Agreement.